It had been a while since it rained, so I was pretty happy for the chance to finally wear my rain boots again after months of drought. Sadly, months is not much of an exaggeration.
I got to work like a responsible adult only 10 minutes late with a fresh Starbucks beverage in hand...can you really blame me? But rain or no, I had every intention of a productive day.
But then, out of no where, a sore throat happened swiftly accompanied by an unnaturally rapid draining of energy. I was fading so quickly that my boss sent me home before I could infect anybody.
After a quick stop at the grocer for broth, I was home. I've got to say, while a sore throat and miserably sluggish body are not much fun, there are few things better than laying on a stack of pillows, sip'n a hot toddy, and listening to the sound of a good rain.
It wasn't easy to move around, but I love homemade chicken noodle especially when I am sick. So as the weather was cooling and the rain continued outside, I made myself a big steaming pot of the stuff.
In case you get a case of the sniffles, here are the recipes to make the best of it.
Hot Toddy:
TB Honey
Shot of whisky (Southern Comfort is the BEST)
tsp lemon
cup of hot water
Mix everything together and don't feel guilty adding more honey or lemon to taste (easy there on the extra whisky)
Chicken Noodle:
1 cup of water
2/3 carton of chicken broth
3 to 4 carrots peeled and diced
1/2 cup of broccoli chopped
2 minced garlic cloves
2 large boneless skinless chick tenders cubed
1 cup of spiral noodles (I use rice noodles from Trader Joe's)
1/2 tsp of pepper
2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1 TB parsley
Put it all together in a big pot and bring to a bowl. Once boiling, cook about 20 minutes, and serve hot.



No comments:
Post a Comment